Monday 11 June 2012

Crafty boots challenge - Material

Good morning and welcome to another Crafty Boots Challenge
the theme for this fortnights challenge is material which was chosen by the
lovely Tracie.
I don't know where the time is going, but apart from my DT
projects I haven't done any crafting.
For This card I used Tilda with ballet shoe ( I really love her )
also for this card I have gone for a clean and fresh look , this was
a shock to my system and I really don't know how it stayed like
this as I usually end up flooding the image with colour but
I am pleased with the little amount of colour I used.


                                                            Close up of image

                                                          Close up of the felt flowers

I was a bit stuck on what material I could use so I went for felt flowers
which are cut using spellbinders - posy patch dies ,and I sat the large flower
on some tulle and then added a button to the centre of them.
The papers are Maja Designs - summer breeze ,love these papers and
was almost in tears using it lol.
The image is coloured with copics and prisma pencils ( even the skin)
another shock to my system lol.
Other items I used are - Martha Stewart punch
                                       Doohickey die
                                       charm, pearls and pins
                                       Doohickey  tag
                                       Seam binding ribbon
                                       Spellbinders oval dies
                                       Sewing machine
                                       mirri card
I hope you can join in with this fun challenge and please pop
over to the fab DT ladies to see what Gorgeous creations they have come
up with.
Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog.
Hugs Emma xx

11 comments:

Doreen said...

A gorgeous card Emma,love the image great colouring and fab layout.xxx

CraftygasheadZo said...

So pretty, super flowers and a stunning image too. Zo xx

Dee's Craft Room said...

Fabulous colouring on this card Emma and I love your felt flowers (in fact, all of your embellishments are really pretty).

Dionne xxx

cheryl said...

oh wow well it worked to perfection hun as this is simply stunning the detail is just incredible love the colours hugs Cherylxxx

Gabrielle said...

Oh! I like your restrained look! It suits you! There is a really lovely feel to this - you should be very proud of it!

Helen said...

I never thought to do fabric flowers for mine (doh!) but Tilda looks great and so do the flowers.

Bev said...

How intricate, beautiful look. Fab!

June Nelson said...

Oh Emma darlin this is gorgeous and I love that cute little tilda, the colouring is a delight hunnie its beautiful xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Christine L said...

Morning Emma

Ooooh this is a gorgeous card.... love the image and your layout is absolutely perfect... love your use of that tulle behind too!

Know what you mean about using different colouring techniques/colours... When we get so used to one way, it's sooooo difficult to change!

Hugs
Christine x

Janie Printz said...

This is simply gorgeous !!! Such a delicate look but WOW what a terrific little creation. LOVE the use of just a few colors & those felt flowers are the perfect fresh look.
Janie

Stephie Boots said...

Totally gorgeous as always Emma xxx